Children, Young People & Families
The Focus is children
The partnership’s overarching theme is – children young people and families. Strong and stable families are the foundation of a strong and stable society and are key to ensuring children develop into healthy, happy and successful adults.
Success will be seen by improvements in children’s lives through services which: support children, young people and families; help families overcome the disadvantages they face; and enable children and young people to achieve the same outcomes as their more advantaged peers. To get it right for children and young people this means being safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included. For services this means a unified approach by all of us who live and work in this community.
The purpose of the Theme Team is to progress the theme Children, Young People & Families to contribute to the delivery of the Partnership’s vision of “Building a vibrant, peaceful, prosperous, clean and safe place to live”. This work will be framed within an agreed strategic framework, agreed outcomes and a commitment to collaborative working.
- To promote and support the issue of Children, Young People & Families within the area.
- To ensure that work within the theme is co-coordinated and delivered in a collaborative manner.
- To develop an agreed strategy and action plan to promote and support the Theme Children, Young People & Families based upon an agreed template
- To ensure the strategy and action plan is based on the principles of equality, inclusion and community development.
- To ensure the strategy and action plan is driven by quantitative and qualitative targets set within an agreed framework specifically committed to agreed outcomes and collaborative working.
- Ensure appropriate engagement and consultation relevant to the Theme
- To report on progress on a monthly basis to Executive Group
- Jim Donnelly | Active Communities Network
- Richard May | Ardmonagh Family Centre
- Bernie Lavery | Barnardos
- Kate Laverty | Centre for Health & Well Being
- Ann Marie Stone | Corpus Christi Youth Club
- Conchur ó’Muadaigh | Glór na Móna
- Keith McCaugherty | Holy Trinity Youth Club
- Bernie Toner | Holy Trinity Centre
- Lorraine Morrissey | Family Support Hub
- Sinead O’Regan | Job Assist Centre
- Seana Talbot | Saol Úr Sure Start
- Carrie Kane | Matt Talbot Youth Club
- Jacqui Russell | Newhill Youth & Community Centre
- Kay Short | St. Vincent de Paul
- Niall Enright | Upper Springfield Youth Team
- Marian O’Neill | Voices Women’s Group
- Roisin Moody | West Belfast Area Project
- Deirdre Walsh | Whiterock Children’s Centre
- Ihnitz Oliden | Whiterock Children’s Centre
For Further information contact the theme team chairperson Deirdre Walsh 02890438438 or email email@example.com